Health and Safety Training
Most employers require some professional health and safety advice at some point in the life of their business. As a responsible employer you will have an obligation (and indeed you will want) to provide proper health and safety information and training to your managers and staff so as to:
- Protect those who work for you by telling them how to work safely and without risking their health and wellbeing
- Develop a positive awareness of the need for proper health and safety to benefit and protect your employees
- Ensure that you fulfil your legal obligations
The law requires employers to comply with legislation designed to protect the health and wellbeing of employees. It is an offence for an employer to fail to comply with Health and Safety legislation which might well lead to prosecution by the Health & Safety Executive.
The legislation is far reaching but some of the common examples of the requirements upon employers include:
- The carrying out of Fire Risk Assessments
- Hazard reporting
- First Aid training/policies
- Risk Assessments
- Food safety policies
- Noise assessment
- Compliance with COSHH(Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
It is vitally important that policies and procedures are implemented to ensure the safety of your employees and we can offer training and instruction as well as helping you to draft the policies appropriate to your own business concern.