We offer advice and support on every aspect of employment law from the beginning of the employment relationship right to the end.
We can help to provide practical HR support and we can also offer your staff training courses to ensure they are up to date with employment law and company procedures. In addition, we can help you to develop and write those procedures so that you have requirements and processes that suit your particular business needs.
Below are examples of how we can support your business:
Prior to Employment:
- Recruitment – assisting with drafting of job advertisements and guidance on the interview process
- Drafting contracts and handbooks – for both junior and senior members of staff
- Drafting consultancy agreements and volunteer agreements – for non-employees
- Agency workers – advice on the Agency Worker Regulations and your obligations
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures – guidance and assistance in formulating and carrying out these processes
- Maternity, Paternity and adoption leave – advice on applicable rights
- Sickness absence – how to handle sickness absence and any disruption it may cause
- Discrimination – how to avoid this and advice on how to handle such complaints
- TUPE – advice on the regulations and how they may impact upon your business
- Social media – including advice on policies and disciplinary matters
End of Employment:
- Defending Tribunal claims – including representation at the tribunal
- Employee status – is an individual an employee, worker or are they self-employed?
- Drafting settlement agreements – ensuring the advice you receive is privileged
- Capability procedures – guidance on every step of the process
- Redundancy procedures – advice on the process and assistance with implementation
- Garden leave – drafting and advice on how this can be of benefit
- Restrictive covenants – drafting and advising on restrictions and enforcement
- Medical termination – when to consider this and the steps required