Accidents at Work Claims
Have you had a serious injury at work? Do you need a Solicitor with significant experience of bringing and winning claims based on employers’ negligence?
Work accidents result in injuries to thousands of employees in the UK every year, ranging from minor cuts or bruises to serious injuries and fatalities. Where an injury is caused by negligence on the part of an employer or fellow employee the injured person is likely to have a legal right to Work Accident Compensation.
Work accidents can happen for a variety of reasons including but not limited to; construction/building site accidents, falls from height at work or items being dropped from a height, slips, trips and falls where obstacles might be left on the workplace floor, negligence of fellow employees (with or without knowledge), forklift truck or other vehicle accidents, manual handling (lifting) injuries, accidents on the road whilst carrying out work or travelling to or from work.
All employers have a duty to protect their workers from injury or disease by:
- Providing safe systems of work and ensuring that such systems are properly followed.
- Providing safe premises and making sure that premises are properly looked after and all hazards are properly identified.
- Providing plant, tools and equipment which are safe, properly maintained and suitable for the job.
- Providing competent employees and an adequate and effective system of supervision and training is available to all.
- Providing adequate and appropriate personal equipment eg. goggles, ear protectors, gloves, hard hats, masks.
Work Accident Compensation claims may be brought against an employer for breach of statutory or Common Law duty or, frequently, both. A breach of statutory duty may also result in a fine whether or not an accident results.