We are looking to hire a Personal Injury Paralegal or Secretary with at least 1-2 years experience of handling MOJ RTA/EL/PL Portal claims to join our PI department. The successful candidate will be able to manage a caseload of circa 80-100 Portal cases at a time and assist the Head of PI with running litigated Fast Track and Multi Track cases.
Based at our prestigious offices within Avon House, Shirley in Solihull, the candidate needs to be able to work within a team whilst also having the aptitude to interview/advise clients and deal with cases under the MOJ Portal from start to finish and have the initiative to assist on larger claims.
Opportunities for progression and learning how to litigate cases effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on RTA/EL/PL Portal cases (under supervision of the Head of Portal Team) with day to day work on injury claim cases (often involving additional credit hire/repair losses).
- Completing CNF’s on our cutting edge Case Management software.
- Interviewing and Advising clients as necessary.
- Obtaining and advising on medical evidence
- Gathering evidence of losses
- Valuing cases (subject to approval by Manager) and advising Clients
- Dealing with Stage 2 settlements as necessary
- Progressing to Stage 3 Hearings as appropriate
- Weekly meetings with Supervisor regarding progress
- Preparing Claim Forms,
- Preparing Applications,
- Preparing Directions Questionnaires
- Attending Conferences with Counsel,
- Dealing with Disclosure
- Preparing Trial Bundles
- Attending Trials
Qualifications and Skills
At least 1-2 years of Personal Injury Portal (EL/PL/RTA) work is required. Some knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and processes useful.
No need for legal qualifications necessarily but must have a strong grasp of language skills and be proficient with IT (Microsoft Office) and preferably Case Management systems.
Company Pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
contact Ian Hass with CV at [email protected]