We spend almost 1/3 of our lives in the workplace. During that time, there may be occasions where things aren’t going as they should and at those times you might require the services of an employment law expert to advise and assist in one of the following ways:
- You might require advice on your contractual terms or the terms of a service agreement
- You may wish to discuss issues which may arise in the workplace (e.g. disciplinary hearing, discrimination, sickness absence, bonus entitlement etc.)
- You might need advice about termination of the contract or service agreement
- You may wish to obtain advice on a compromise agreement
- You might need to obtain representation at an employment (industrial) tribunal
Employment law is complex and it is always changing and it is understandable that you may feel more vulnerable as an employee. We are here to provide you with the necessary advice and support to ensure your rights are protected as far as possible.
The usual rule is that there are no legal fees in a tribunal – i.e. you will not recover legal fees if you win the claim and on the other hand you will not have to pay the other side’s legal fees if you lose. Whilst this is the general rule there are exceptions if it is considered by the Tribunal that either party has acted unreasonably. NB there are now fees for individuals to pay when starting a claim by filing an ET1 and further fees for the Hearing. We can explain this to you in detail.
You might have other means of funding available to you such as;
- The support of a Trade Union
- Funding of legal fees by a Legal Expense Insurer
If you are however funding the case yourself our rates are fair and competitive.
If you are seeking advice on a Settlement Agreement it is usual for the employer to pay the full amount, or make a contribution to, the legal fees of advising in relation to the Settlement Agreement.
All initial enquiries are completely free of charge. Please either call us on 0121 746 3002 or complete a Free Online Enquiry to see how we can help you.
Ellis Hass & Co Solicitors
435 Stratford Road
What our clients have to say
“Ellis Hass and Co provide a comprehensive service at times when you most need professional advice and expertise. When I was leaving my then company, and making an international return, I wanted to leave on good terms to cement the great experience I had and friendships I had built. I found them to be highly commercial, discrete and thorough, easy to contact and highly practical I have no hesitation in recommending them.”